Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Twitter Page - English

All Official Tweets by Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI on the Twitter page

Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Twitter Page - English

Postby Sonia » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Unfortunately we don't know the copyright of this picture.

ENGLISH

12-12-2012

- Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter. Thank you for your generous response. I bless all of you from my heart.
- How can we celebrate the Year of Faith better in our daily lives?
- By speaking with Jesus in prayer, listening to what he tells you in the Gospel and looking for him in those in need.
- How can faith in Jesus be lived in a world without hope?
- We can be certain that a believer is never alone. God is the solid rock upon which we build our lives and his love is always faithful.
- Any suggestions on how to be more prayerful when we are so busy with the demands of work, families and the world?
- Offer everything you do to the Lord, ask his help in all the circumstances of daily life and remember that he is always beside you.

19-12-2012

- Everyone's life of faith has times of light, but also times of darkness. If you want to walk in the light, let the word of God be your guide.
- Mary is filled with joy on learning that she is to be the mother of Jesus, God's Son made man. True joy comes from union with God.

21-12-2012

- When you deny God, you deny human dignity. Whoever defends God is defending the human person.
- We do not possess the truth, the truth possesses us. Christ, who is the truth, takes us by the hand.
- At the end of the year, we pray that the Church, despite her shortcomings, may be increasingly recognizable as Christ's dwelling place.

24-12-2012

- What family Christmas tradition from your childhood do you still remember?
- The cribs that we built in our home gave me much pleasure. We added figures each year and used moss for decoration.

01-01-2013

- May Our Lord bless you and watch over you in the new year.

02-01-2013

- When we entrust ourselves to the Lord completely, everything changes. We are children of a Father who loves us, and never leaves us.

06-01-2013

- The Wise Men followed the star and reached Jesus, the great light that illuminates all of humanity.

07-01-2013

- Please join me in praying for Syria, so that constructive dialogue will replace the horrendous violence.
- Nigerians have a special place in my heart, as so many have been victims of senseless violence in recent months.
- May we defend the right of conscientious objection of individuals and institutions, promoting freedom and respect for all.

09-01-2013

- Following Christ’s example, we have to learn to give ourselves completely. Anything else is not enough.

13-01-2013

- In this Year of Faith, may every Christian rediscover the beauty of being reborn in the love of God and living as his true children.
- What happens in Baptism? We become united forever with Jesus, to be born again to a new life.

16-01-2013

- If we have love for our neighbor, we will find the face of Christ in the poor, the weak, the sick and the suffering.

20-01-2013

- What does the Lord ask of us as we work for Christian unity? To pray constantly, do justice, love goodness, and walk humbly with Him.

23-01-2013

- Many false idols are held up today. For Christians to be faithful, they can’t be afraid to go against the current.

25-01-2013

- I join all those marching for life from afar, and pray that political leaders will protect the unborn and promote a culture of life.

27-01-2013

- What does Sunday, the day of the Lord, mean for us? It is a day for rest and for family, but first of all a day for Him.

30-01-2013

- Every human being is loved by God the Father. No one need feel forgotten, for every name is written in the Lord's loving Heart.

02-02-2013

- Today I have a special though for every religious: may they always follow Christ faithfully in poverty, chastity and obedience.

03-02-2013

- Let us imitate the Virgin Mary in welcoming and guarding the word of Jesus, in order to recognize him as Lord in our lives

06-02-2013

- Everything is a gift from God: it is only by recognizing this crucial dependence on the Creator that we will find freedom and peace.

10-02-2013

- We must trust in the mighty power of God’s mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new.

13-02-2013

- During the season of Lent which begins today, we renew our commitment to the path of conversion, making more room for God in our lives.

17-02-2013

- Lent is a favourable time in which to rediscover faith in God as the foundation of our lives and of the Church’s life

24-02-2013

- In these momentous days, I ask you to pray for me and for the Church, trusting as always in divine Providence.

27-02-2013

- If only everyone could experience the joy of being Christian, being loved by God who gave his Son for us!

28-02-2013

- Thank you for your love and support. May you always experience the joy that comes from putting Christ at the centre of your lives.
Sonia
Site Admin

Re: Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Twitter Page - English

Postby Barbara » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:34 pm

It gives me such immense joy and interior strength to read the wonderful words of pope em Benedictus.
I feel, very deeply, that he is a holy man. During his eight year pontificate,I always knew that we could trust every word he said. There never existed even the slightest doubt.
I think that his way of writing reminds a lot of Cardinal Newman. "Heart speaks to Heart".
Pope em Benedictus has never failed to speak to our hearts.
We, my husband and I, are now trying to read and reread as much as possible by him.
One article in a catholic magazine in our country had as headline: "THANK GOD FOR POPE BENEDICTUS!" It went on to say that "when the day comes that we no longer have him as pope, we will come to understand how much we will miss him." The article was written before the resignation of pope Benedictus became known.
But of course, I can only add that my husband and I knew, ever since 2005, that we were extremely blessed to have someone like pope em Benedictus as "our" pope.
Barbara

Re: Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Twitter Page - English

Postby Salvatore » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:43 am

I know it's an old post, but I wanted to express my feelings herewith that it's sad he no longer is tweeting there.

God bless.
+
In our hectic and noisy world we find strength and inner peace with prayer.

Visit my blog CONGREGENTUR at: http://congregentur.wordpress.com/
Salvatore

Return to Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Twitter Page